In this episode of The Word, host Peter Johnson talks drilling wheat, rotational questions, plot data, drying and much more.
- 01:05 – Wheat is wonderful — full stop!
- 01:40 – Only wheat left in Australia. A quick harvest update.
- 02:00 – The Ontario Agronomy Guide (811) is finally available online.
- 02:25 – Spots of winter wheat killed due to standing water — what now?
- 03:40 – How early is too early to seed oats?
- 05:15 – A question from Idaho: What’s the best sequence of crops with oats, peas, wheat, mustard and flax?
- 07:00 – One farmer’s corn and double-crop soybean yields.
- 07:55 – One farmer baled corn stalks with soybeans following got 55 bu/ac, where no baling he saw 49 bu/ac.
- 08:40 – Are IP soybeans worth it? Go to gosoy.ca.
- 09:20 – Neonic vs funigicide-only yield differences.
- 10:35 – The mystery of a cover crop crash.
- 12:05 – Pros and cons of windbreaks.
- 13:10 – The aeration debate. When do you turn the aeration fan on? Should I turn it on at night?