In this episode of The Word, host Peter Johnson covers yield, tillage, erosion, cover crops, and more.
Have a question you’d like Johnson to address? Or some yield results to send in? Leave him a message at 1-888-746-3311, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email him at [email protected]
- 01:00 – This is the last Wheat Pete’s Word for 2017!
- 02:15 – The power of the positive.
- 03:00 – The Soybean Seasonal Summary. “Grow wheat”!
- 03:25 – Mind-blowing corn yields. With about 2/3 of the reports in, the average corn yield is 186bu/ac!
- 04:30 – Why is it that one neighbour has grade 2 corn, while another has grade 4?
- 05:00 – Yield overview for Ontario.
- 05:35 – A no-till guy shares trial data on tough clay. How to bring up yields?
- 07:20 – Sloped, no-till field shows small amounts of erosion, and need to clean out the ditches. A conversation on tillage versus erosion.
- 09:15 – Is there any point in using something like an Airway to break up compaction?
- 10:00 – What are the benefits of frost-seeding red clover into winter wheat? Should I add it to my rotation?
- 12:05 – Can I frost-seed cereal (winter) rye this spring? When should I plant it so it doesn’t vernalize?
- 13:40 – How do I manage my winter wheat crop for the best straw quality?
- 15:05 – Would you grow wheat in Rouleau, SK on 7.5″ spacing?
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.