In this episode of The Word, host Peter Johnson addresses compaction; frost-seeding in Alberta; equipment; nitrogen management; manure; and corn plots.
Have a question you’d like Johnson to address? Or some yield results to send in? Leave him a message at 1-888-746-3311, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email him at [email protected].
- 01:14 – Never enough feedback!
- 01:24 – Are we preaching to the converted when it comes to advocacy?
- 02:20 – “Manure on snow is wrong, wrong, wrong!”
- 03:25 – Do some vertical tillage units actually break up compaction?
- 05:35 – Can you frost-seed wheat in the spring?
- 07:00 – Do you have any row-width data on wheat?
- 08:00 – Any data to say independent shank is worth the value on the hoe drill?
- 09:30 – Will late-planted wheat (2-3 leaf before snow) make it? What is the best nitrogen management strategy?
- 11:55 – Would dissolved urea mixed with fungicide be okay on soft red winter wheat?
- 13:05 – Streamer bars vs tips.
- 13:45 – How do we maximize beef manure for crop application?
- 15:05 – How about liquid manure?
- 15:40 – Corn plots and cob meal.