Kelvin Heppner is back in the host chair for this Wednesday edition of the show, which covers:
- Top Ag News – Canada releases text of CPTPP with signing slated for early March in Chile, data on hopper car movement from the Ag Transport Coalition, Quebec farmers will need a prescription to access 5 pesticides.
- Colin Rush, Clean Seed Agricultural Technologies, on the Smart Seeder hitting farmer fields in 2018 (as part of RockyTalk, sponsored by Rocky Mountain Equipment).
- “How do you negotiate a free-trade agreement with a protectionist?” Former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney talks NAFTA.
- Mixed messages heading into round seven of NAFTA — Ron Bonnett, president of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture.
- Mel Luymes of the Ontario Soil Network on connecting farmers to share their knowledge and experience with cover crops, reduced tillage, and soil health management.
Join us for RealAg Radio every weekday at 4 pm eastern on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM.
Quebec farmers will need a prescription to access these 5 pesticides
Grain backlog growing as railways fall behind
The race is on for trade agreements: Masswohl
Rail bill won’t be passed until after winter break