Host Shaun Haney starts off the show talking cranberry juice, push marketing, and market development. Then:
- Top Ag News – Yesterday’s emergency meeting regarding the grain-by-rail backlog; the acquisition of farmland in Canada; political sentiment in polls; the pace of NAFTA talks, according to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau; and more on trade.
- The level of consumer trust for Canadian grocers, and the impact on primary producers, with Dalhousie University’s Vivian Howard.
- Should U.S. producers be more concerned about NAFTA or what’s looking like a major trade war with China? Mike Adams, host of Adams on Agriculture, joins the show.
Join us for RealAg Radio every weekday at 4 pm eastern on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM.
- MPs hear from grain groups and railways in emergency meeting on backlog
- 5 recommendations to keep Canadian farmland in farmers’ hands
- Nuffield scholarship applications due April 30
- Canadians’ trust in food retailers wavers following bread price-fixing scandal
As the unelected, self proclaimed leader of everyone who has given you a suggestion in the last month – you are welcome and keep up the good work
— Don McGugan (@DonMcGugan) March 20, 2018