In another fast-paced episode of the Word, host Peter Johnson addresses everything from dry conditions in Oklahoma to combining corn in P.E.I. Hear how you can terminate alfalfa/grass in the spring, great ways to improve organic matter, what you can do to get sulphur back on the land, and much more.
Have a question you’d like Johnson to address? Or some yield results to send in? Leave him a message at 1-888-746-3311, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email him at [email protected]
Find a summary of today’s show topics and times below the audio.
- 00:35 – NutrientSmart 2.0 coming up on March 23, in Waterloo, ON.
- 01:20 – Planting wheat in Oklahoma and Kansas – a reminder that winter wheat must vernalize in order to head-out.
- 03:05 – An update on conditions in Argentina and Brazil.
- 03:45 – Combining corn in Prince Edward Island.
- 04:35 – Back to plugged tiles.
- 05:30 – A need for info on new herbicides.
- 06:40 – Do not rely on Dicamba and Xtend Soybeans to take volunteer canola out — “that’s just a tad risky.”
- 06:40 – Terminating alfalfa/grass in the spring, with the goal of growing RR canola.
- 07:45 – Simplicity on bluegrass.
- 08:33 – Can I grow a cover crop before dark red kidney beans? What about yellow mustard?
- 09:10 – Can I grow wheat every other year to improve organic matter?
- 09:50 – Is gypsum a good source of sulphur for established alfalfa?
- 10:25 – Can I mix ammonium thiosul with 28 percent in wheat?
- 10:50 – What’s the sulphur content in manure?
- 11:05 – Do not mix fertilizer with soybean seed!
- 11:40 – Having trouble getting protein in my hard red spring wheat — how do I get there?
- 12:00 – How much biuret is the maximum?
- Wheat School: Don’t Get Burned With Contaminant in Urea
- Connections key to building soil organic matter
- Corn School: How long does it take to add 1 percent soil organic matter?
- Watch for these weedy invaders in Ontario
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.