Today’s show comes to us all the way from Salina, Kansas, and sees host Peter Johnson starting off the show with a correction, then: seeding alfalfa, fertility, corn into rye, and more.
Find a summary of today’s show topics and times below the audio.
Have a question you’d like Johnson to address? Or some yield results to send in? Leave him a message at 1-844-540-2014, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email him at [email protected]
- 00:35 – Whoops. Johnson admits an error re. glyphosate on RR canola, and adds some thoughts for switching from alfalfa to canola.
- 02:20 – Bio-fertilizer, fertility and organic matter at an upcoming event at Lasalle Agri.
- 02:55 – An update on things in Oklahoma and Kansas.
- 04:20 – Get out there and check your grain in storage! ASAP.
- 05:15 – An update on “new” herbicides, here.
- 06:12 – Is it too cold to seed alfalfa?
- 06:45 – Sulphur on wheat – don’t confuse products!
- 07:35 – Am I better off to use ammonium sulphate with urea or ammonium thiosulphate?
- 08:50 – Should I put nitrogen on early if I want straw?
- 09:20 – When should I apply nitrogen on fall rye?
- 10:10 – An anecdote on corn into rye, and thoughts on soybeans into rye instead.
- 11:23 – How can you grow 160-180bu/ac corn on zero nitrogen?!
- 13:15 – The nitrogen-use efficiency of manure on wheat, and the nitrogen-on-snow discussion.