Host Peter Johnson brings us highlights and learnings all the way from Zambia in this episode of Wheat Pete’s Word. Then: a rant on “first-world problems”; a grain market alert; seeding clover into wheat; and more.
Have a question you’d like Johnson to address? Or some yield results to send in? Leave him a message at 1-888-746-3311, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email him at [email protected]
Find a summary of today’s show topics and times below the audio.
- 00:40 – Highlights and learnings from Zambia.
- 04:05 – A rant on genetic modification, herbicides and “toxic chemicals.”
- 05:45 – “For goodness sakes, sell, sell, sell!”
- 07:05 – Big rains in Ontario — how will this impact winter wheat?
- 08:05 – Browning leaf tissue from lack of snow cover.
- 08:35 – Get the clover on that frost.
- 09:50 – Feedback on roots plugging tiles.
- 12:10 – Sourcing wheat seed — should I look for wheat outside of dry areas? Should I always source from somewhere else?
- 13:25 – Understanding volatilization and urea application methods.
- 15:12 – Why doesn’t strip-till work in soybeans and cereals?
- 15:40 – Does Wheat Pete have a doppelgänger?
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.