Host Kelvin Heppner starts off the April 10th show with thoughts and prayers to everyone impacted by the Humboldt bus tragedy.
- Top Ag News
- This week’s USDA World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) report, with Brian Comeault, grain market analyst with Cargill.
- What a North American Free Trade Agreement ‘in-principle’ might be worth, and the impact of the Chinese tariff threat on Canada, with Canada West Foundation’s Carlo Dade.
- A recent report by Export Action Global (EAG) determined Canadian milk is not more expensive. Adam Taylor, co-founder of EAG, joins to discuss the results.
Join us for RealAg Radio every weekday at 4 pm eastern on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM.
Send your thoughts and feedback to Shaun ([email protected]) or Kelvin ([email protected]).
“We’ve always been told this as though it’s actual, verifiable fact — that Canada has higher dairy prices because of supply management.” https://t.co/mIWCx8pBcs
— RealAgriculture (@realagriculture) April 9, 2018
The myth continues because people compare cdn prices to lost leader prices they have seen across the line
— Jim Strath (@StrathJim) April 10, 2018
So if I’m reading this correctly the dairy industry would make more money under a deregulated system, but want it so customers don’t have to deal with the ups and downs if the market. Sure and santa just paid my taxes.
— adam moseson (@farmernewt) April 10, 2018
Some of the parts of the dairy industry would make more money. I believe that the farmer would be left out of that circle. See the dairy crisis in the USA or also the bread fixing scheme in this country…
— Rob Ashton (@AshtoniaCows) April 11, 2018
- Dairy price study finds Canadians don’t pay more for milk
- Trump takes NAFTA hostage with threat of steel tariffs
- Conference Board of Canada cries over supply-managed milk
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.