Bayer has announced its proposed executive team for its Crop Science division, pending the closure of the company’s acquisition of Monsanto.
Meanwhile, Monsanto chief executive officer Hugh Grant and chief technology officer Robert Fraley are among the Monsanto executives who will be leaving after the deal closes.
Liam Condon, who currently serves as a member of Bayer’s Board of Management and as president of Bayer’s Crop Science Division, will lead the new Bayer Crop Science Executive Leadership Team.
The proposed executive consists of a mix of personnel from both Bayer and Monsanto:
- Brett Begemann will become Head of Commercial Operations (Chief Operating Officer). He currently serves as the Chief Operating Officer at Monsanto. Begemann will be based in St. Louis.
- Michael Stern will become Head of Digital Farming / Climate Corporation. He currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Monsanto’s Climate Corporation. Stern will be based in St. Louis.
- Robert Reiter will be Head of Research & Development. He is the current Technology Integration Planning Lead at Monsanto. He will be based in Monheim.
- Frank Terhorst will become Head of Crop Strategy & Portfolio Management. Currently, he is responsible for Pre-Merger Planning within Bayer’s Crop Science Division. Terhorst will be based in St. Louis.
- Dirk Backhaus will serve as the Head of Product Supply. He currently holds the same position within Bayer’s Crop Science Division. He will be based in Monheim.
- Jesus Madrazo will become Head of Agricultural Affairs & Sustainability. Currently, he is responsible for Global Supply Chain and Commercial Operations at Monsanto. Madrazo will be based in Monheim.
- James Swanson will become Crop Science Chief Information Officer and Head of IT / Digital Transformation. He currently serves as Chief Information Officer at Monsanto. He will be based in Monheim.
- Gabriele Oehlschlaeger will serve as Head of Human Resources. Currently, she is responsible for Talent Management within Bayer’s Human Resources & Organization. She will be based in Monheim.
- Michael Schulz will become Chief Financial Officer Crop Science and Head of Finance. He is currently responsible for Finance for Bayer’s Crop Science Division and will be based in St. Louis.
- Lars Benecke will become Head of Law, Patents and Compliance. He currently holds the same position within Bayer’s Crop Science Division and will be based in Monheim.
- Martin Dawkins will become Head of Post-Merger Integration. Currently, he is responsible for Post-Merger Integration within Bayer’s Crop Science Division. Dawkins will be based in Monheim.
“The combination with Bayer will be a historic day for Monsanto, reinforcing the value of our business and the remarkable foundation our global team of more than 20,000 employees has built over the years,” said Grant, announcing his planned departure on Monday. “While I have made the decision to pursue new opportunities following the closing of the transaction, I will continue to be an advocate for agriculture and look forward to always being a voice in the conversation. My enthusiasm and excitement for what is ahead with Bayer, and the opportunity the combined company will have to support growers in their effort to be more productive, more profitable and more sustainable, is stronger than ever.”
— Robb Fraley (@RobbFraley) May 7, 2018
Monsanto also announced that several members of its executive will be departing after the deal closes, including: Chief Financial Officer Pierre Courduroux, Chief Technology Officer Robert Fraley, Chief of Staff and Community Relations Janet Holloway, Chief Human Resources Officer Steven Mizell, Chief Strategy Officer Kerry Preete, Controller Nicole Ringenberg, and Secretary and General Counsel David Snively.