Today’s show starts with a discussion on oil and diesel prices. Then:
- Top Ag News – Canada’s GDP in February, U.S. extends steel and aluminum tariff exemptions, re-labelling TPP, CN and CP trending in opposite directions, and more.
- Behind the scenes at StatsCan, and reactions to the report – Kelvin Heppner shares his learnings on just how seeding intention surveys are conducted, then Chuck Penner, LeftField Commodity Research, joins to share his reactions to the numbers.
- Is the Ontario soil strategy just more bureaucratic regulation? Or is there some good agronomy? Lyndsey Smith joins the show to talk about it (with a bonus discussion on Doug Ford’s ever-changing mind re. the Greenbelt).
Join us for RealAg Radio every weekday at 4 pm eastern on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM.
- Farmers keep a watchful eye on rising oil prices as planting begins
- Behind the scenes of a StatsCan crop report
- Ontario’s Soil Health Strategy: a 12-year roadmap with short-term funding