It’s really easy to ignore data or information that we don’t want to hear. In this case, we cannot afford to ignore the impact that opioids are having in our rural communities across Canada. There is new data out today for the Government of Canada revealing that there was almost 4,000 opioid-related deaths in 2017. According to a story in the Globe and Mail, that is a 34% increase over 2016. Canada is actually the world’s second largest per capita consumer of opioids, next to the U.S. It’s important to realize that this is not an urban-only issue confined to…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!