It’s Wednesday, so chances are (fingers crossed) there’s just two more days left to talk about the NAFTA developments and where Canada will fit in with Mexico and the U.S. in this trade deal.
On this edition, RealAg Radio host Shaun Haney is joined by Jessika Guse as they discuss NAFTA, and how Prime Minister Trudeau might be “flexible” on the Canadian dairy management supply system. Other news discussed:
- Some clarification in regards to Canada’s new chief agricultural negotiator
- Huge day for Canadian Beef as the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB) in partnership with McDonald’s rolls out their CRSB certified Mighty Angus burger
- A deep freeze on the east coast has left Christmas tree producers with a very not-so-merry yield
- La Co-op fédérée Signs an Agreement with W-S Feed & Supplies
- Fish are being improperly labeled which is causing health issues for some consumers
As it’s the middle of the week, Shaun also speaks to Chad Gosling, regional ag optimization and technology specialist, with Rocky Mountain Equipment for this weeks edition of Rocky Talk, focused on harvest scale systems and the benefits of utilizing grain cart weighing and data management software. Also, the hemp industry is trying to push forward within their industry but as of late, they’ve been caught in some government wires but — not for long… Ontario field editor Lyndsey Smith speaks to Keanan Stone,the general manager of Valley Bio Ltd. on how their industry will be changing as marijuana will be legalized in just under two months.
Do you have something to say about agriculture in Canada? Maybe you want us to shine line on an ag issue happening near you? Let us know by calling in 855.776.6147 or send Shaun an email at [email protected]
RealAg Radio airs every weekday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. eastern (2:30 p.m. mountain) on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM (replays the following day at 7 a.m.)