If your harvest (or seeding or spraying) has ever been shut down because of a piece of equipment throwing an error code, you probably need to know about the building concern over right-to-repair rules and regulations. In case you haven’t heard, there’s a growing rumble out of the U.S. pitting farmers against equipment manufacturers in a battle that begs the question, who owns your tractor? How did we get here? To summarize a rather complicated topic, farmers in the U.S., faced with more complicated, electronically-dependent equipment, are pushing for more access to farm equipment software and diagnostics in an effort to…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!