The Siloking eTruck gives dairy producers a clean, comfortable, and convenient way to feed cows with lots of traction for manoeuvring in narrow and low-height barn constructions.
The 100 per cent electric-powered vertical mixer is imported from Tittmoning, Germany by Siloking Canada, which set up business in Putnam, ON, two years ago. RealAgriculture took a tour of the eTruck 1408 earlier this month at Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show.
Siloking’s Karl Terpstra believes the self-propelled mixer appeals to many producers because “they can jump in and go get feed – they’re not hooking and unhooking tractors. There’s no exhaust in the barns; it’s fully electric, it’s quiet and it’s comfortable for the operator and the livestock,” says Terpstra.
In this video, Terpstra reviews a number of the eTruck’s key features:
- There’s lots of glass for great cab visibility, says Terpstra. “It’s simple to run and very user-friendly.”
- The mixer comes in three sizes: 8, 10 and 14 cubic metres. Three electric motors power the mixer – one for manoeuvrability, one drives the auger, and a third drives the hydraulic pump.
- The mixer is a vertical auger capable of handling bales and all feedstuffs of all qualities and quantities.
- The eTruck is powered by a 80 V DC voltage battery. The battery can be charged every three days – six to eight feedings – on off-peak hours to reduce energy costs.
- A mineral funnel at the side of the mixer allows for adding small ingredients. A feed pusher cleans up refusals and pushes feed to the cows. Bedding conveyers can also be attached to sling bedding material into loose pens.
Click here for more Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show coverage.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.