Kelvin Heppner takes the reins as host of Thursday’s RealAg Radio show, where:
- He starts off with discussion about the importance of STARS in rural communities across Western Canada, and how one Manitoba farmer is working to raise $50,000 for the organization.
- Kelvin is then joined by Jessika Guse to discuss the top ag news stories of the day which include NAFTA talks, the StatsCan on-farm stocks report, new export data pertaining to soybeans, the national food policy consultation report being released, and how a lawyer is urging farmers to get legal advice before making a decision to purchase big equipment.
- Also on the show, Jamie Pegg, general manager at Honey Bee joins Shaun for a product spotlight on Honey Bee’s AirFlex headers
- Peter ‘Wheat Pete’ Johnson shares this weeks word, including updates on edible bean harvest and disease issues in corn
- Jim Everson, president of the Canola Council of Canada, also discusses Health Canada’s proposed neonic seed treatment ban, and the ongoing blackleg issue regarding trade with China. He also gives us an update on the Canola Council’s restructuring after Richardson pulled out last year.
- Kelvin wraps up by sharing some personal news about his future…
RealAg Radio airs every weekday at 4:30 pm ET (2:30 pm MT) on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM!