Today’s show is jam packed with news as you get not one but two segments of news with Guse. RealAg Radio host, Shaun Haney and news lead, Jessika Guse start off the show with your top ag news stories of the day.
- Bank of Canada announced it would keep the interest rate at 1.75%
- Health Canada is months if not weeks away from releasing the revised Canada Food Guide
- Farm Credit Canada’s Chief Agricultural Economist, J.P. Gervais rereleases what he thinks will be the top 5 economic trends for 2019
- Tragic news from Montana where a woman was killed while unloading hay
- Ontario government launches new campaign geared at farmers mental health
- The Government of Saskatchewan releases its updated clubroot map
- New drone rules and regulations start June 1, 2019
- Ingredion invests $140 million to accelerate growth in plant based proteins
- CN, CP both exceed grain revenue entitlements; ordered to pay 5% penalty
- Grain Growers of Canada names its new executive director
As the Bank of Canada announcement was made today, Haney invites Matthew Pot of Grain Perspectives on the show to discuess what that means for the future. Another timely guest is Kelsey Johnson of iPolitics as she discusses what Health Canada is proposing for the new food guide set to roll out this year. Spoiler alert: the sections “meat and alternatives” and “milk and milk products” are set to be extinct and instead of four food groups, Health Canada has proposed three.