It has been a tumultuous 48 hours for the Canadian canola industry. After news broke that China had pulled Richardson International’s approval to ship into the country, we learn today via Reuters that now China is claiming that they discovered “hazardous pests” in shipments from Richardsons. If we can all agree that this finding” is retaliation against Canada for the arrest and extradition trial for Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, then many are asking why Richardsons, specifically? China believes that Canada fulfilled the U.S. extradition arrest of Meng for political reasons at a time the that the U.S. is negotiating a…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!