Today’s episode comes from sunny Guelph, Ont., where some growers are finally able to hit the fields.
On today’s show, with host Shaun Haney, you’ll hear:
- The top ag news with RealAgriculture’s Jessika Guse;
- Extremely dry conditions in parts of Saskatchewan are impacting pulse fields. Sherrilyn Phelps, agronomy and seed program manager with Saskatchewan Pulse Growers, breaks down some of the issues, including staging, yield potential, and herbicide application challenges.
- Plan Z? Aaron Stevanus, regional manager for PRIDE Seeds, joins the show to talk about the challenges facing growers in Ontario.
Miss an episode of RealAg Radio? Click here to find previous episodes, and, if you haven’t heard, RealAgriculture is now on Spotify. Be sure to ‘follow’ us to stay up to date on the latest podcasts, agronomy schools, and much more.
RealAg Radio airs every weekday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. MT) on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM.
Read more on a few of the issues mentioned:
- Advanced Payments Program changes to roll out “as early as” June 10
- Lender to close seven rural locations in Saskatchewan
- ‘Friends of the CWB’ back in court seeking class certification
- Ontario growers on to Plan C with rough-looking winter wheat