It’s basically Agronomic Tuesday today, with a range of topics, including:
- Roots – resident agronomist Peter ‘Wheat Pete’ Johnson joins to talk about the wet spring and its impact on corn roots;
- Lodging – Amy Mangin, University of Manitoba PhD student, on managing lodging;
- Keeping it Clean – Nevin Rosaasen of Alberta Pulse Growers talks maximum residue levels (MRLs);
- Cover crops – Jake Munroe, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, talks using cereal rye as a cover crop in a soybean year; and,
- Wheat in New Zealand – Sam Livesey joins the show to chat about growing high yielding wheat!
Have feedback on the show? Connect with host Shaun Haney via email [email protected], or on Twitter, with #RealAgRadio.
RealAg Radio airs every weekday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. MT) on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.