The 43rd federal election is less than three weeks away, and the chair of Soy Canada is wondering why agriculture hasn’t been brought up more during election debates. There’s a multitude of issues to be brought up, yet no party seems to really be keeping a close eye on farmers. In particular, Soy Canada chair, Ernie Sirski, points out soybeans are grown in nine provinces spanning from Nova Scotia to British Columbia; the crop has been Canada’s third most valuable for the past six years; and, just last year, soybeans accounted for a record $3 billion of farm cash receipts.…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.