The future of how breeding is funded in Canada is under review and headed for change. The “value creation” consultations created much engagement and debate last winter, where producers were asked to weigh in on an end-point or trailing royalties on new varieties. While some people have attempted to halt the process, others have tried to craft an elusive third model, and others have debated which of the two suggested models should be chosen. Canada is really at a crossroads on which direction it will take for the future of plant breeding in Canada. There is no solution that will…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!