The USDA released its latest cattle on feed report for December 1, 2019.
Cattle and calves on feed for the slaughter market in the United States for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head
totalled 12 million head, that’s up 2% year-over-year.
Placements in feedlots during November totalled 2.09 million head, 5 per cent above 2018. Net placements were
2.03 million head. During November, placements of cattle and calves were:
- Less than 600 pounds were 620,000 head;
- 600-699 pounds were 500,000 head;
- 700-799 pounds were 423,000 head;
- 800-899 pounds were 310,000 head;
- 900-999 pounds were 130,000 head; and,
- 1,000 pounds and greater were 110,000 head.
Marketings of fed cattle during November totalled 1.81 million head, 3 per cent below 2018.
Please register to read and comment.