The cattle and beef industries have been hit hard during the COVID-19 pandemic. To answer some of the timely questions this RealAg LIVE! edition features Fawn Jackson, director of government and international relations at the Canadian Cattlemen’s Association.
In the video below, host Shaun Haney and Fawn discuss:
- Domestic and U.S. cattle processing, where things are at with COVID-19 and packer capacity
- How the east is faring, as the region was in a tight situation prior to COVID-19
- How the “ask” of the federal government has evolved, and the focus on business risk management programs
- The low participation in Agristability, and extremely low participation within the cattle industry
- The export market situation in Europe and China
- If we’ll see more, smaller processors because of COVID-19 conditions and fall-out
- And more!