While U.S. President Trump and Mexican President Obrador were meeting in Washington D.C. to celebrate the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, Prime Minister Trudeau was in Ottawa defending his government’s mid-year fiscal update. It is no surprise that the numbers are not pretty, as the Liberals have attempted to rescue the economy with major support payments, just like other countries. Finance Minister Bill Morneau has delivered the federal government’s fiscal update, which forecasts a deficit of $343.2 billion this year because of a sharp decline in tax revenue and massive emergency COVID-19 related spending. According to The Globe and Mail, this deficit…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!