The national youth initiative of the Canadian Cattlemen’s Association (CCA), has announced its 16 finalists for the Cattlemen’s Young Leaders (CYL) 2020-2021 program.
Finalists were announced after a virtual, judged, roundtable discussion that took place during the Canadian Beef Industry Conference, with 24 semi-finalists in the competition. Smaller roundtable judging sessions were judged by representatives of CYL sponsors Cargill, McDonald’s Canada, MNP, Farm Credit Canada, and New Holland.
The finalists will be awarded a $2000 travel budget and will be matched with a hand-picked mentor, with expertise in their specific area of interest, for nine months.
The finalists are:
- Andrea van Iterson, Westwold, B.C.
- Laura Code, Vernon, B.C.
- Aydon Almberg, Czar, Alta.
- Iva Harberg, Hay Lakes, Alta.
- Claye Harsany, High River, Alta.
- Dave Slingerland, Coaldale, Alta.
- Mackenzie Argent, Cremona, Alta.
- Katie-Jo Stehr, Lethbridge, Alta.
- Kaylee Chizawsky, Edmonton, Alta.
- Scott Gerbrandt, Swift Current, Sask.
- Matt Hildebrandt, Rosthern, Sask.
- Sarah Jensen, Arborg, Man.
- Laura Plett, Stead, Man.
- Charlene Yungblut, Thorold, Ont.
- Grace Kuhl, Keady, Ont.
- Greg Stavert, Freetown, P.E.I.