Ontario Sheep Farmers is accepting registration for its Master Shepherd’s Course until August 14, 2020.
The 18-month professional development course consists of 12, 2-day modules that cover:
- Business planning;
- Flock productivity and reproduction;
- Ewe flock nutrition;
- Industry dynamics and governance;
- Infrastructure and feeding systems;
- Effective flock health management;
- Lambing and lamb rearing;
- Predation and pasture management;
- Lamb feedlots and dairy; and,
- Marketing and wool.
The modules are held in person throughout southern and eastern Ontario and feature classroom and on-farm learning. The first meeting is set for mid-September, and at this time will be in person. Individual module registration is made available, based on space, two weeks’ prior to each meeting.
For more information or to register, visit https://www.ontariosheep.org/master-shepherds-course, or email the admin at [email protected].