Most of us learned early that you need to keep your promises if you want to be trusted. In politics, however, promises are rarely kept; instead, they’re wiggled out of, often after an election, giving politicians a terrible reputation in the trust department. In the last several years, supply management has not prevented Canada negotiating trade deals, but instead has been used as negotiating leverage to gain ground in other areas and close deals. CETA, CPTPP and USMCA (CUSMA) all involved Canada providing dairy market access to trading partners. According to the DFC, 18 per cent of dairy products in…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!