If you’re a podcast listener, you may have heard of the SharkFarmer podcast with today’s LIVE guest Rob Sharkey. Not only does he host a podcast, though, but he also has a radio and tv show and farms southwest of Chicago, Illinois. Oh, and you’ve probably seen him on Twitter, where he got his start, interviewing people on #agtwitter.
Don’t miss RealAg LIVE! weekdays at 1 pm M/3 pm E on your favourite social media channel — Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, or Youtube!
- How did Sharkey get going? Twitter, then podcast, then radio, and now…TV!
- Telling stories that need to be told, not shy away from those tough interviews
- What are the toughest ones?
- Matt Chambers is one of the toughest (Episode 52)
- Also, one with a South African farmer about the atrocities there — Rob hasn’t heard from him since
- CEO of Tillable — most downloaded, so far
- Challenging part of producing audio and radio? Right now, it’s harvest and it’s in full swing, have to shut down the machine and focus on the “other” jobs
- Late in 2019 started Shark Farmer TV, and Season 2 starts October 20! Check it out on RFD TV
- The skills of working on TV, teleprompters, cadence, and looking good
- Does he have a favourite medium? The podcast brings in moolah, but TV is the biggest audience
- What about live calls on this show? Hard no.
- Shaun would like to interview some sports guys. Rob knows a guy.
- Don’t all farmers know a guy?
- What’s next? An action figure, maybe a musical, perhaps a make up line
- Did you know that Lyndsey was on the BBC? Well, she was.
- U.S. farmers are getting some pretty major payments. As a taxpayer, that’s tough, but the neighbours are going to cash the cheque so I am too, says Rob. (and no one blames you)
- Times were pretty tough last year, these payments were needed.