We’ve been told many times over the last few years about the important role of agriculture and soil in reducing the amount of carbon in the atmosphere. But as the Canadian government’s policies aimed at reducing carbon emissions take shape, it appears many Canadian farmers will not be eligible for any reward through the Liberal government’s carbon offset framework, unless Environment and Climate Change Minister Jonathan Wilkinson and his department are willing to adjust the proposed criteria. While the Biden administration is looking at ways to possibly use government funds to pay U.S. farmers for sequestering carbon in their fields…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!