If you like acreage outlooks, discussions on the mystery of Chinese intentions, and theoretical interest rate conversations, you’re probably a lot of fun at parties. You’re also totally going to want to get in on today’s RealAg LIVE!
Tap below to hear Matthew Pot of Grain Perspectives and host Shaun Haney discuss forward pricing, spreads, and so much more.
Don’t miss RealAg LIVE! week days at 3 pm E on our social media platforms!
- Crazy markets continue
- Let’s start with corn!
- Exports: another million metric tons to China today
- On-pace historically, but exports need to keep up with a pretty epic pace to really deliver big numbers
- Ethanol production was pretty slow
- Strength and support right now
- March 31 will be quarterly stocks and prospective planting
- What are we watching? Disappearance value
- Feed and residual is indicated in quarterly report
- Matt calls the death of USDA is imminent (kidding)
- Acreage battle begins…now
- African swine fever in China could be a dark horse (dark pig?)
- Crush production needs to decrease for the rest of the market year to keep even close to predictions for carryout
- What can we do about it, in regards to marketing?
- Spreads have narrowed
- Tighter stocks will apply to new crop as well, friends
- Bullish markets don’t last forever
- Cover your inputs
- And have a plan for spring weather stories
- What about those struggling to pull the trigger on ’21 crop?
- Have you locked in inputs? And why are you not making a sale?
- Bulls make money, bears make money, and pigs get slaughtered
- Betting too big? Maybe
- Did you get “burned” in 2020? Don’t hesitate
- Incremental sales, but smaller positions
- Sell on the second down day could work
- What about inflation?
- It applies to commodity markets — watch the housing market
- And the housing market is on fire in many geographies right now
- Commodities then climb, too
- What does China know that we don’t?
- Is China hoarding corn or using it?
- Will ASF roar back?
- Let’s stop in at South America? Musical chairs of the production figure world
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.