If you’re on social media, chances are you’ve seen posts from Dickson Delorme, aka Quick Dick McDick (QDM). His YouTube videos cover his daily life on a grain and cattle farm, while bringing some humour and normality to some of the tougher topics out there.
For this Friday edition of RealAg LIVE!, guest host Lyndsey Smith is joined by Saskatchewan farmer and YouTube sensation QDM!
RealAg LIVE! streams every weekday at 3 pm E on Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter!
- Lyndsey starts out the broadcast with a vitamin P and a Roughriders jersey…Is she fitting into Saskatchewan, yet?
- Why did QDM start? It was time for a change in life! Used to be in oil and gas in Alberta, came back to farm near Foam Lake, Sask.
- The whole internet of things just kind of happened
- Been growing the beard since 2019 when he left the oilfield
- What are some of his favourite topics and videos? Always a toss up. But, the ones that make him laugh. The kids videos, Little Quicks, are his favourite
- Bad days happen. We might as well embrace them. Even though it’s tough to do…QDM is trying to make this happen.
- Tractor doors are obnoxiously expensive. Full stop.
- Swag. QDM makes sure all his swag is Canada-made. Which is why sometimes the store is sold out… it’s hard to find. There will be a shop update coming soon so stay tuned
- In Saskatchewan, wherever you go to get your mail — that’s where you’re from.
- Rapid Fire questions. This one is fun!
- QDM thinks there are too many parts on a combine
- Mental health. It’s something you can inherit genetically, and it impacts so many people.
- Let’s normalize the conversation, erase the stigma.
- Know that you aren’t alone if you are frustrated with policy right now. We are together.
- Rural internet. How do we get the government to really, really listen?
- QDM grew up in the cattle industry. He loves agriculture and feels it to be so close to his heart.
- Remember — he is still just a human underneath the alter ego. We will get through all of the worlds doings together!