Youth from across the province of Alberta will once again be speaking up about agriculture virtually this summer.
The Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture board has decided to hold its annual competition by having competitors present their speeches virtually from their homes.
The event will take place on Wednesday, July 14, starting at 9 a.m.
This year’s topics are:
- How a global pandemic changed Canadian agriculture — or has it?
- What it means to be a woman in agriculture in 2021
- Food waste, food security, and food policy: What is agriculture’s/aquaculture’s role?
- Canadian aquaculture: Opportunities in a growing industry
- Does a changing climate mean opportunities or headaches for Canadian agriculture?
The deadline for registration is June 30, 2021. More information can be found here.