Applications are open for Nuffield Canada’s next intake, and this time it will be through a new, digital interview platform.
The Nuffield Scholarship program is a rural leadership program, available to anyone mid-career who is involved in agriculture.
The $15,000 scholarship provides individuals with an opportunity to access an extensive network in the food and farming industry, achieve personal development through travel and study, and deliver long-term benefits to Canada farmers and growers as well as to industry through reports and extension.
“The opportunity to become a part of a global network of leaders in agriculture and the chance to explore new ideas abroad compelled me to apply for the Nuffield scholarship,” says Ryan Boyd, 2019 Canadian Nuffield Scholar from Forrest, Man. “The scholars that I have met over the years have been impressive individuals and all can’t say enough positive things about their Nuffield experience.”
Scholars must complete their global study within two years of being award a scholarship and must produce a written report, and present their findings during a Nuffield Canada annual general meeting.
Nuffield Canada investors will provide up to five named scholarships for 2022, including from:
- Alberta Wheat Commission, for an Albertan directly connected to primary grain production whose research will focus on benefitting the wheat sector;
- Canadian Canola Growers Association, for an outstanding individual supportive of modern farming practices, who is actively involved in the field crop sector and whose research will advance Canada’s agriculture success;
- Farm Credit Canada, available to to an outstanding individual who will contribute to building knowledge of the Canadian producer;
- PEI Department of Agriculture and Land, available to an outstanding individual living in PEI who is actively involved in the agriculture community; and,
- Western Grains Research Foundation, for an outstanding individual who is directly involved in and will research Western Canadian field crops
Additional scholarships may be funded by Nuffield Canada. The application to the scholarship program can be found here.