Youth from across the province of Alberta are back to speaking up for agriculture in person.
Registration for the Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture competition is now open, with an opportunity to win $1000 and a chance to compete at the Canadian Young Speakers Competition.
The deadline for entries is July 13, with the competition being held at the Calgary Stampede.
Competitors are asked to speak for 5-7 minutes on one of the following topics:
- The implications of supply chain issues on Canada’s food supply;
- Rising global water and temperature levels: what does it mean for agriculture?;
- Unexpected careers: Here are three jobs you didn’t know were linked to agriculture;
- Alternative agriculture: What opportunities await Canadian farmers?;
- Is local food sustainable?;
- Why the world is eating more fish and what it means for Canadian aquaculture; and
- I realized I wanted a career in agriculture when ______.
The competition is open for those aged 11-24. Click here to learn more.