Crop residue is a real conundrum: not enough, and soil is vulnerable to wind and water erosion; too much, and the next crop suffers. Corn residue in particular can cause some real headaches for the subsequent soybean crop. To talk about why that is, and how to manage it, we go to experts Horst Bohner and Dr. David Hooker. The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs soybean specialist and University of Guelph-Ridgetown associate professor team up for this member-exclusive RealAg webinar to talk tillage, soil microbes, and residue breakdown. (Summary below the player) SUMMARY: Residue management isn’t just…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!
Please register to read and comment.